Develops, applies, and maintains quality requirements and standards for manufacturing products and testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Monitor effectiveness of inspection function and implement changes as required
- Investigate customer complaints, yield issues, and other process failures and initiate corrective and preventive action as appropriate.
- Lead problem-solving teams to achieve improvements.
- Conduct system audits, process audits, and audits related to specific corrective and preventive actions
- Analyze data to identify improvement opportunities and initiate actions for improvement
- Provide training as needed to quality personnel and operators
- Participate in new product development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Four year Engineering degree, ME preferred
- Two or more years of experience in a quality position
- Significant experience with statistics, SPC, manufacturing problem solving
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
- Must have 20/20 eyesight, corrected vision is acceptable provided that with corrective lens, eyesight is 20/20.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities desired:
- Automotive Quality experience – 8D, Kanban, Kaizen, Shanin
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
- Previous, Accredited test lab experience Polymer testing and evaluation experience
- ISO Audit experience
- Oracle proficient
- ASQ CQT or CQE certification
Disclaimer Statement: Job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and/or knowledge, skills, and abilities required, but a description of the job’s most important elements. Nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply, go to www.zeusinc.com.