TITLE: Plant Quality Manager
JOB FAMILY: Quality
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE: September 22, 2017
- Position Summary
The Plant Quality Manager manages all aspects of plant quality including assuring overall product quality, quality metrics development/analysis/reporting, quality standards and process development, 3rd party certification compliance and implementation of quality plans based on strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide cross functional plant quality leadership.
- Develop and execute tactical plans to achieve overall quality strategy.
- Provide technical guidance and implementation of quality tools, methods and processes.
- Support and facilitate continuous improvement projects.
- Develop quality standards, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for CAR (corrective action) process.
- Responsible for control of non-conforming material and the material review board processes.
- Responsible for incoming inspection of parts and materials.
- Develop supplier qualification protocol.
- Collect, analyze and report key quality metrics.
- Ensure maintenance of all quality records.
- Specify and provide training on in-process quality requirements for manufacturing personnel.
- Responsible for plant level Quality Management System.
- Interface with Engineering, Customer Service, Operations, 3rd party auditors, suppliers and customers.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop plans for implementing changes.
- Responsible for internal ISO plant audits and reporting.
- Prepare for and assist with annual 3rd party compliance audits
5%-20% domestic travel with opportunity for global travel
II. Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Quality Engineering or other engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of plant quality experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment such as rail, custom fabrication of equipment or automotive.
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
III. Preferred Qualifications
Education or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of manufacturing operations experience
- 10+ years of quality management experience
- CQE, CQM, or Black Belt in Lean or Six Sigma
- AAR M-1003
- EN 15085-2
- ERP LN, EtQ, SharePoint
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to effectively collaborate in a diverse cross functional team environment.
- Superior communication skills
- Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Other Skills
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Essential Functions
- The ability to assess training needs
- The ability to organize and/or conduct training based on needs assessment
- The ability to read and understand documents
- The ability to work cooperatively with others
- The ability to deal politely with customers and coworkers
- The ability to perform several tasks at once
- The ability to follow directions or instructions
- The ability to lift 40 pounds
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
To apply: http://www.harsco.com/careers/detail.aspx?id=2597